Zirakpur is a young bustling town in the Mohali district of Punjab.
It lies very close to Chandigarh and serves as a satellite town to Chandigarh along with Mohali and Panchkula.
All these town/cities have economies of their own but Chandigarh is like a big brother.
I have written a detailed blog about Zirakpur-Lifestyle and attraction for readers who are from outside Zirakpur and want to get some information on the Zirakpur as a city to live in.
If you are here because you are looking for a place to rent in Zirakpur then this blog will help you get a good idea of where to begin and what to expect.
If you are an investor looking to buy a property and get rental income, I can help you get the best bang for your buck. I can help you get a residential or a commercial property where you will get great returns on your investment.
Read more about me here: About
Who rents in Zirakpur ?
Zirakpur is where the young stay.
Mohali, Panchkula and Industrial area Chandigarh house a large number of private companies that form the backbone of the private industry in the region.
Zirakpur has many housing societies and has an apartment culture as opposed to say Chandigarh and Panchkula where only Villas/Kothis are available.
These apartments offer cheaper alternatives to the people working in the private industries in Chandigarh, Mohali or Panchkula.
The services and amenities in these apartments are also better and modern than the villas/kothi style of living.
These factors along with easy connectivity, central location and short commute time make Zirakpur and attractive destination for those looking to rent an apartment in the Tricity.
Where to Rent in Zirakpur?
There are Majorly five main areas where you can rent an apartment in Zirakpur:
- Patiala Road and surroundings: Suitable if you are working in Mohali. This road provides easy access to the Airport road- A 200 feet road which runs from Zirakpur to Mohali. Patiala road can get a little busy during the rush hours and the Patiala chowk is especially notorious for traffic jams. You can get more details about the Airport Road Mohali here: Airport-road Mohali
- Ambala highway and surroundings: Suitable if you work in Chandigarh. You can enter Chandigarh in 5 minutes from this area. This road is a little busy but it is not too bad. All the major shopping stores, eateries and entertainment avenues in Zirakpur are located on this road.
- Dhakoli, Peermuchalla etc.: Suitable if you work in Baddi, Nalagarh or Chandi mandir. This area borders Panchkula sector 20 and offers good reasonable rental accommodation. The best part about this area is that it is so close to panchkula that you can get the best of both worlds here- you can live in a high rise apartment in Punjab and go for your morning walks in Panchkula which is in haryana.
- Nagla Road: Nagla road houses many housing societies in a small stretch. This area is just a 100 meters from the Chandigarh-Ambala national highway and offers both low cost (Maya Garden) and high end (Escon Arena) options.
- Old Ambala Road: A little isolated from the main areas, this road offers limited but cheaper options for individuals who work in derabassi or Zirakpur.
Apart from these areas there are a couple of other areas where you can rent houses for a reasonable price. These houses however are not in a society setting.
The Rental Inventory in Zirakpur
There are majorly two types of Rental in real estate Residential and commercial.
Let us discuss these one by one:
Depending upon the availability, you can find the following residential inventory for rent in Zirakpur:
1 BHK: Generally you can get studio apartments or a proper 1 BHK apartments in Zirakpur for around 10,000 rupees in a good society.
2 BHK: a 2 bhk on the highway can cost you around 14,000 to 16,000 rupees. A 2 bhk in a society that is a little away from the main highway will cost you around 12,000 rupees.
3 BHK: A good 3 bhk will cost you anywhere between 20 to 25,000 rupees on the highway. If you don’t mind the society being a little on the inside then 15,000 to 18000 is the rent for a 3 bhk.
4 BHK: A good 4 bhk in zirakpur can cost you approximately 30,000 rupees.
There is a good scope for commercial rental in Zirakpur.
There are many variation in the commercial space rental so I won’t be able to list down the specific rates for rental but the commercial inventory that is available for rent in Zirakpur is listed here:
Showrooms, Shops, Office spaces, Soho’s, Call center spaces etc.
What is Included in the rent ?
As many of you must be already aware getting an apartment on rent includes four components
- One month rent in advance
- One month security deposit
- 15 days dealer commission ( If you are getting the apartment via an agent)
- Documentation fees approximately 500 for rent agreement etc.
I do not endorse any of these charges but I am just listing down the expected expenses for the benefit of the reader.
FAQ’s About Renting an Apartment in Zirakpur?
How can I find an apartment for rent in Zirakpur ?
How do I find a good real estate agent in Zirakpur?
Which area is suitable for a family?
Which societies are the best for rent in Zirakpur ?
Is the society maintenance fee included in the rent ?
If I live on rent can I use the society gym and club ?
Can I get a flat on short term rent ?
How can I Help ?
I can introduce you to the right agents who can help you get a good apartment on rent in Zirakpur.
You can find out more about me here: About
You can get in touch with me on : 6283060221
I hope this blog has answered some of your questions regarding renting and apartment in Zirakpur.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch, I will try my best to help.