You are not alone !
I work in the real estate industry and I have noticed an increasing trend wherein many people from Delhi looking to move to Chandigarh and the surrounding cities.
This trend has increased ever since the lockdown opened last May/June.
I moved from Gurgaon to Chandigarh in the year 2017 and I have not regretted my decision even for a day.
I am basically from himachal, but I did my college from Delhi and after that worked in Delhi and GUrgaon for seven long years.
I have also stayed in Mumbai and Bangalore for some time.
My decision to move to chandigarh were two fold:
- I wanted to be close to my family
- I have stayed in Chandigarh earlier and was aware that Chandigarh and the neighbouring cities offer a great, lifestyle.
One thing that did hurt me though was that I had to settle for 1/3rd the salary when I moved to Chandigarh.
However, within a year I was almost nearing my income in Delhi because Chandigarh allowed me time and opportunities to work on other things.
Who is moving out ?
I have mainly encountered and identified 3 types of people who are looking to move out from Delhi to Chandigarh
- IT Professionals who can work from home
- People with old parents and who are selling their property in Delhi to start afresh. Most of these want to start a new business in Chandigarh.
- People with health issues who are looking for a calmer, cleaner enviornment.
There may be others but based on my experiences with approximately 50 people over a period of the past 7 to 8 months, these are the amain categories.
Maybe Covid-19 has made people realise the importance of a healthy lifestyle and a calmer lifestyle.
I am not saying that Delhi NCR is bad in terms of lifestyle but Chandigarh definitely is better for some people.
Even before covid people used to move to Chandigarh from Delhi but the frequency and the urgency was lesser as compared to now.
Benefits of the lifestyle in Chandigarh
Chandigarh is the regional hub for Punjab, Haryana and Himachal.
The city and the surroundings offer the best of health services, educational facilities and public infrastructure.
Public transport and regional and national connectivity is also top of the class.
For anyone looking to start a business there are plenty of opportunities and the costs are low.
Many businesses here serve as the regional headquarters and expanding busy is easy because distances are not very big.
What are the housing options available in or near Chandigarh?
Frankly speaking housing options in Chandigarh are not my cup of tea because most of the houses are on resale and I don’t deal in resale.
Also, Chandigarh is a niche market where properties are very expensive.
I work exclusively in Mohali and Zirakpur.
There are a multitude of options in Apartments in these two cities.
The choices for villas is less and plotting in good locations is also few and far in between.
This difference is mainly due to two accounts: Land is more expensive in Mohali and It is better planned and closer to Chandigarh.
For those who don’t have budget as a restraint I would recommend some upcoming luxury projects in Mohali.
Zirakpur has some amazing new projects and if someone is looking for closer access to the Delhi Highway and future appreciation I would definitely recommend Zirakpur as an option.
I definitely recommend Airport road Mohali as a destination you should be looking at for your future home.
How to find a house ?
You can look at some good housing options here: Apartments
I can help you guide getting a good apartment in Zirakpur or Mohali. I can help you plan a site visit to various projects.
I request you to kindly spend 10 minutes surfing my blog if you are looking for a house in Zirakpur or Mohali.
I have helped multpile people find their homes in the Tricity.
You can read my blog posts here: Blog
You can read my google reviews here: Flatooz Google Reviews
You can read more about me here: About
Some blogs that will help the readers get a better understanding of the city are listed below:
- 5 Reasons I chose Highland Park Zirakpur To Live
- I am a Sushma Group Zirakpur Authorised Service Partner, 6283060221
- 5 Uncomfortable Truths of Zirakpur/Mohali Real Estate Industry
- A Comparison of the Top 3 BHK Low Rise Flats in Zirakpur
- Zirakpur Lifestyle and Attractions Blog
- Sushma Group Zirakpur – Comprehensive Analysis Blog, 2021
- Zirakpur Real Estate FAQ’s – A Library of the Most Asked Questions
- 7 Point Site Visit Checklist- An Easy Guide To Visiting Real Estate Projects In Zirakpur
- Decoding the role of a good property dealer in Zirakpur
- 3 Most Important Rules for Investing in Zirakpur Real Estate-Expert Advice
- A Very Useful List of the Top 4 BHK Flats in Zirakpur
- Is this the right time to Invest in Zirakpur and Mohali ? An Expert Analysis-November 2020
- A List of the Most Attractive Flats on Airport Road Mohali, 2021